Since the inception of Rose of Sharon Acres, LLC the primary focus of our business has been to bring toxic free bath and beauty products to your home. We feel that with every order shipped out of our facility, we are making a dent in that focus. Why do we feel so strongly about this? It’s about really believing that we are ‘our brother’s keeper’ and if we don’t inform you, who will?
Today we are going to focus on one of the toxic chemicals that is the worst for families and you find it in store bought toothpaste everyday. I found this letter on the internet while doing research on this issue:
I am a truck driver and have hauled just about everything over the past 13 years. I once picked up a 44,000 pound load of aluminum dioxide powder in the aptly named town of Bauxite, Arkansas. Noting that the destination for the load was not a processing plant or a mill, I inquired as to why this load was destined for the Colgate-Palmolive Company. The shipping agent said that the quality of bauxite (aluminum dioxide) found in Arkansas was too low grade for manufacturing purposes, but was fine for toothpaste.
"Toothpaste?" I enquired. He then went on to explain that common white toothpaste is made largely from Aluminum Dioxide, which is a mildly abrasive, brilliantly white powder. They'll simply add a foaming agent to it to make the suds, a flavoring agent to make it palatable, perhaps some food coloring, some water and presto - toothpaste.
Go read the ingredients on your tube of toothpaste. It'll list one or two 'active ingredient's ... notice the combined total amounts of 'active ingredients' is usually les than 1%. What about the other 99%. Were you aware that every day of your life you are filling your mouth with a gob of nearly pure aluminum dioxide? Do you see how this is the number one entry point for aluminum to enter the body?
Although drinking water with naturally occurring aluminum and cooking in aluminum pots and pans are dangerous, these are trivial sources of aluminum compared with the several pounds of aluminum directly swallowed or absorb through the tissues while brushing your teeth.
On the bright side, you can still have a beautiful smile in your old age, if only you can remember how to smile.
While this person ended this note with humor, there is tragically nothing to laugh at when one understands the impact that aluminum has on the body and its organs. It's the proven root of Alzheimers's disease and osteoporosis but it produces other toxic problems for your family. Aluminum accumulates in various tissues in the body such as kidneys, lungs, liver, thyroid, brain. It can cause rickets, gastrointestinal problems, interference with the metabolism of calcium, extreme nervousness, anemia, headaches, decreased liver and kidney function, memory loss, speech problems, softening of the bones and aching muscles. It can als result in reduced skeletal mineralization, retardation of growth in infants and other disorders. Its extremely important to be careful with children and their early exposure to toothpastes with aluminum.
Aluminum is in everything.. food, deodorant, commercial soaps and shampoos. Our company strives to educate and create products free of these toxic chemicals for your health, your family's health and for your sphere of influence. Our Aluminum Free, Flouride FREE Oral care line can be found at: http://roseofsharonacres.com/tooth_chips___soap_for_teeth